Lake Wylie Riversweep
In Partnership with the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation
Each year, between 800 and 1,000 volunteers of all ages get together at various locations around Lake Wylie to collect and remove tons of trash from the Lake in one day. We are celebrating our 17th annual Riversweep event this year with our dedicated and loyal volunteers. This is a great opportunity for individuals, groups, and families to clean up the river and have a lot of fun. First-time volunteers can expect to meet residents from all around Lake Wylie who share the same concerns about maintaining a healthy lake environment. They can count on getting a little dirty, but after clearing away litter all morning they will enjoy knowing that they have made a difference in caring for the lake and the local environment.
The most important thing for new volunteers to know is that it’s easy to come and lend a hand for a few hours, meet like-minded people, and have a great time. Even if people have limited physical ability, there are many tasks around each volunteer site that need staffing. With volunteer sites located all around the lake, it is easy to choose one that is most convenient for you.
Visit the Lake Wylie Riversweep website for more information:
- Come alone or bring your family, friends, or neighbors. Kids are welcome, and they are some of our hardest workers!
- Wear comfortable, old clothing, closed-toe shoes that can get wet and muddy, and a hat or sun visor!
- Bring, and don’t forget to apply your favorite sunscreen!
- Be sure to complete and print the Assumption of Risk & Release forms for yourself and each member of your group, then bring these forms with you to your selected site location on the day of the event!
- Remember that volunteers 18 and under are required to obtain a parent or guardian signature on these forms. You will find links to these forms below.
- We will provide bottled water, work gloves, and trash bags!
- TO REGISTER FOR THE CLEANUP, CLICK HERE! (THERE IS NO CHARGE)
- If you do not pre-register, but would still like to participate, just show up at 8:oo A.M. on October 6, 2018 at any of the sites listed on the official RIVERSWEEP site. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee t-shirts for participants who are not pre-registered.
- If you are registering a group that numbers more than 100 members, please e-mail the Registrar at email@example.com for separate registration instructions. All registered group leaders and boat captains will be contacted in advance of the event by a Riversweep organizer to provide additional information and instructions.
The Lake Wylie Riversweep organization is sponsored by the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation, the Lake Wylie Covekeepers, the Lake Wylie Marine Commission, and many other groups and individuals. We are a volunteer member organization formed to help protect Lake Wylie, and we are excited that you have chosen to check us out. Please consider volunteering.
Visit www.lakewylieriversweep.com for more information!